Application period for the winter semester 2020/21 (lectures start in October 2020):
from January 20th, 2020, until July 15th, 2020
(Exception: Persons who have applied for summer semester 2020 already can only apply from May 25th on!)
Please note that you can apply for the HMDA branch only for the winter semester!
Application period for the summer semester 2021 (lectures start in April 2021): expected deadline is the 15 January 2021
The deadlines are the same for national as well as international students. Applications are processed successively, hence, the earlier you apply, the earlier you receive your result.
The application for the master’s program is to be made through our online application portal Campo. The portal will guide you through the application procedure (more details). Please select “M.Sc. Medizintechnik” as your study program. To choose one of the English-taught branches of study, you have to select “Medical Image and Data Processing (in English)” or “Health and Medical Data Analytics” (HMDA) later on in the process.
Documents to be submitted by mail (post) and online via Campo:
- Online application form (generated in Campo), for mail (post) shipment printed out twice and signed
- School leaving certificate (high school diploma or equivalent)
- Certificate of the first academic degree, diploma supplement (if available)
- If you have not finished your bachelor’s degree yet: transcript of records and proof of registration for your final exams (or a letter from your university stating when you will finish your degree)
- CV (referred to as “personal data sheet” in Campo)
- Letter of motivation (1 page), explaining why you are a suitable candidate for our program – please upload it in the “additional documents” section.
- Proof of language proficiency level (as defined on the parent page of this page):
All of your certificates except for your language certificates have to be officially certified (i.e. notarized) copies. Additionally, if your certificates are not issued in German, English or French, you have to submit copies with an officially certified translation.
You do not need to submit recommendation letters as we will not consider them in our admission process.
If you have applied successfully for our Master’s program in the previous semester, we cannot simply transfer your admission to a later semester. You have to re-apply again via Campo and submit all paper documents by mail again. Make sure to submit your old admission letter together with the other application documents. If we have given you admission in the previous semester, we will admit you for the following semester as well. Please note that Campo opens for re-application later than usual.