Application period for the winter semester 2020/21 (lectures start in October 2020): from the 20th of January until the 15th of July
Please note that you can apply for the HMDA branch only for the winter semester!
Application period for the summer semester 2020 (lectures start in April 2020): December 7th 2019 until 15th of January 2020
The deadlines are the same for national as well as international students. Applications are processed successively, hence, the earlier you apply, the earlier you receive your result.
The application for the master’s program is to be made through our online application portal Campo. The portal will guide you through the application procedure (more information). Please select “M.Sc. Medizintechnik” as your study program. To choose the English-taught branch of study you have to select “Medical Image and Data Processing (in English)” later on in the process.
Documents to be submitted by mail (post) and online via Campo:
- Online application form (generated in Campo), printed out twice and signed
- School leaving certificate (=highschool diploma or equivalent)
- Certificate of the first academic degree, diploma supplement (if available)
- If you have not finished your bachelor’s degree yet: transcript of records; proof of registration for your final exams (or a letter from your university stating when you will finish your degree)
- CV (referred to as “personal data sheet” in Campo)
- Letter of motivation (1 page), explaining why you are a suitable candidate for our program – please upload it in the “additional documents” section.
- Proof of language proficiency level (German: DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 OR English: internet based TOEFL min. 80, paper based TOEFL min. 547, computer based TOEFL min. 210, IELTS min. 5.5, Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE), Cambridge Business English Certificate (BEC) Vantage or UNIcert II) – we don’t make exceptions from our language requirements; a first academic degree with English as the language of instruction is not sufficient.
⇒ German students do not need an English language proof for any Medical Engineering Master.
All of your certificates except for your language certificates have to be officially certified (i.e. notarized) copies. Additionally, if your certificates are not issued in German, English or French you have to submit copies with an officially certified translation.
You don’t need to submit recommendation letters, as we will not consider them in our admissions process.
If you have applied successfully for our Master’s program in the previous semester we cannot simply transfer your admission to a later semester. You have to re-apply again via Campo and submit all paper documents by mail again. Please contact your study advisor before re-applying. Make sure to submit your old admission letter together with the other application documents. If we have given you admission in the previous semester we will admit you for the following semester as well.