Master’s Study Contents
What is it about?
As a graduate of the Master degree program Medical Engineering, you are able to solve problems and issues of the Medical Engineering field by applying comprehensive methodologies and state-of-the-art knowledge of the engineering sciences. Based upon an intensive understanding of mathematics, algorithms and electrical engineering skills acquired in the Bachelor’s studies, the Master’s program aims for interdisciplinary applicability.
In the first semester, you must choose one of these branches of study:
- Medical Image and Data Processing (focus on Computer Sciences) – one branch taught in English (only English skills required), and an equivalent one in German (advanced German skills required)
- Medical Electronics (focus on Electrical Engineering) – taught in German only, advanced German skills required
- Medical Production Technology, Device Engineering and Prosthetics (focus on Mechanical Engineering/Material Sciences) – taught in German only, advanced German skills required
- Health and Medical Data Analytics (focus on Computer Sciences and Innovation & Entrepreneurship) – taught in English only. In addition to a profound technical education, students of the Master in HMDA receive top-notch training in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- New! Medical Robotics (Focus on Computer Science and Electrical Engineering) – taught in English only. Available from winter semester 2022/23!
Please find our current course catalogs for the English-taught branches of study here.
In each branch of study, you will learn to develop, conduct, critically assess and adequately present various analyses and implementation strategies for individual tasks.
During your studies, you will experience medical procedures and anatomical and physiological correlations directly in the clinical work atmosphere. You will also have the possibility to render further qualifications relevant to the Medical Engineering field in areas like health economics, medical ethics and medical device law.
Teaching a vast knowledge of different disciplines of the engineering sciences prepares our students for the complex interdisciplinary issues and tasks of the Medical Engineering business. Furthermore, our students learn how to gain knowledge of a highly specialized field independently, develop problem-solving expertise and manage projects through hands-on work by means of laboratory training, seminars and research laboratories in which the theoretical knowledge is implemented.
If you need more information about the German-taught branches, please see our German website.